Sunday, October 25, 2009

Forever Laughing

Yesterday, I caught the Long Beach Transit bus to go explore with my camera. At first I was planning on going to 2nd Street (where all of the hustle and bustle is), but then I decided to go downtown. I had only been downtown 4 or 5 times but I had never brought my camera with me. Turns out there is a lot more to take pictures of then I was thinking.

So at first I took some pictures of the flowers -- of course. While walking around however, I came across the Laugh Factory. I had always heard about the Laugh Factory while listening to my favorite comedians (mainly, Chelsea Handler), though I never really knew what it was or where it was located. Apparently in downtown long beach! In the front of the building there are all of these cool porcelain dolls representing famous comedians who had performed at the Laugh Factory. Unfortunately, there are no signs telling you which doll is which comedian so I really have no clue who this is. But I do know that the guy in the background reminds me of Kevin from "The Office" :) One love <3

3 comments:

  1. This is such a GEAT image. And it is very important that the other guy is in the background. These two are Laurel and Hardy. The main guy you shot, on the left, is Stan Laurel. Over his shoulder is Oliver Hardy. They were a vaudeville act in the 20's and 30's, then made the transition to black and white movies. I grew up watching b&w movies of these two.

    But like I said, TREMENDOUS image! Super well done. BobT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick shot! I wonder who the anonymous person is who knows so much about 20's and 30's vaudeville acts :P Thanks for the info anonymous!

    ReplyDelete