Thursday, October 15, 2009

Creative Spark

This was definitely one of my favorite pictures I have taken within the last 6 months. I really do not enjoy shooting people. There are just so many more aspects that you have to worry about when shooting people than when you are shooting say... a flower. Unfortunately, since I was a photographer for my high school, I obviously had to take pictures of the students. They are what makes up the school right?

I was assigned to take pictures of the international baccalaureate biology class. They were doing some lab that involed Bunsen Burners and chemicals. This student came up to me and started lighting sparks everywhere. They have these really cool lighters that have two metal pieces that scrape together to create sparks. Anyway, I just held down the shutter and took as many photos as possible while he was playing with the lighter.

What really strikes me about this photo is two things:

1. The depth of field; I focused on his hands and the lighter but the aperture was not so large that you couldn't make out his face.

2. His facial expression; not a cheesy smile or a facial expression that says "I hate school". It looks as if he is really engaged in this class and loves learning - something that is hard to find at a high school.

I hope you really love this photo as much as I do. Comments are greatly appreciated! One love <3

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angela! These photos are absolutely amazing, I love them! Thanks for posting, I check back often to see what new work you have up! Hope you're well!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah!! Glad to hear from you!!

    Love, Angela

    ReplyDelete