Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bubble Sticks


Last year, I went to Apple Hill (in Northern California) with my photographer buddy, Dayna. I had gone to Apple Hill every fall since I was little, but never to take pictures. I took my camera last year and had some delicious photo opportunities. There were caramel apples, apple fritters, apple pies, fudge, and many more wonderful foods. These honey sticks have always fascinated me for some reason; still to this day, I have never had one.

So I took this picture and it was very boring. The honey was golden brown and the background was also a tan color. I was playing around with filters and presets and came across this one... I love how it makes the honey turn a bright pink while turning the ugly background into a vibrant blue. My favorite part, however, is the bubbles in the honey. In the original photograph, the bubbles were very difficult to see. When I used the preset, the bubbles became more visible and gave a great texture to the original oh-so-boring honey sticks. I could look at this picture for hours and still be intrigued. One love <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh i like this one! you should put some of your photos up on professional sites to make a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete