Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Christmas!

Christmas has officially begun! Last weekend I went to my roommate's house to put of the Christmas tree! They got some brand new ornaments so I took advantage of this with my camera. My roommate's younger sisters (future photographers...) were extremely impressed with the artistic shots I took with my camera. There wasn't much light in the room so I shot at f2.8 at about 1/20 seconds - I held my breath while taking the picture (a technique I learned from my dad!) and it came out fairly clear! I do have another shot where the ornaments were completely in focus; however, I like this shot better because it looks a little bit more mystical. Happy winter everyone! One love <3

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Great dof - great color! I especially like the contrast from the blue ornaments to the yellow/gold decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that there are mainly just two colors, and one of those is really dominant. It's an incredible shade of blue. Really well done shot, congrats!

    ReplyDelete